Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Technology can be great, but you have to be able to trust it.


This is one heck of an interesting story. I read about it when they did the test back in 2013 with the Prius, but in that situation they had to be physically connected to the car (below).

I wondered how long it would take till they were able to do it through a wireless connection. I thought the next limitation would be with attempting to connect via Bluetooth and its limited distance. I was wrong, with most of the manufacturers moving towards cars that have access to the Internet it had basically made the distance unlimited.


 The thought of someone sitting on their couch and deciding to shut down all the lanes on I-5 in the middle of rush hour is a bit concerning. I really hope that they are taking this seriously and going to separate the systems physically so it makes them much harder to backdoor from one to another.


With all this you might see the appeal of the older, more simple cars grow in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment